Wednesday, May 13, 2009

That Blows

So there wasn't much sleeping going on in the England household last night. At about 1:30 am, we were awaken by the loudest wind I have ever heard. Before attempting to go back to sleep, I checked the weather information on my phone and it said that our area was getting 40 mph winds. Now, that is the regular wind, not the gusts. According to the local newspaper, the Warr Acres area, which is about a half-mile from our apartment, reported 70 mph gusts. I believe that is pretty much the same speed that blew over the Dallas Cowboys' preactice bubble and paralyzed a team scout.

Anywho, apparently the roads were a mess of power lines this morning, but since I don't commute to work, this doesn't bother me much. As far as personal damage, one of my dog-walking flip-flops that I keep outside the door was missing this morning. Luckily, I was able to spot it in the middle of the courtyard.

At least the wind was blowing from the south which means temps in the high 80's today!

No comments: